Skip to content

Student Identity Abroad

Who do you identify with?

Cal Poly Humboldt and the Education Abroad Office strive to provide inclusive education abroad opportunities for all students, as well as support for students from diverse backgrounds on education abroad programs

If you identify with any of the following groups, browse the resources below.

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and/or Queer (LGBTQ):
LGBTQ+ Scholarships for Education Abroad
  • Rainbow Scholarship - The Rainbow is awarded to LGBT students who want to pursue meaningful, intensive education programs abroad and is made possible by the generous donations and support of numerous international education professionals that are dedicated to helping LGBT students participate in international programs.  Awarded by the Fund for Education Abroad annually, this scholarship is part of the NAFSA Rainbow Special Interest Group, which is made up of professionals that are devoted to supporting and counseling LGBT students as well as combating discrimination against LGBT students.
  •'s listing of 12 Study Abroad Scholarships for LGBT Students.
  • Gilman Scholarship - A U.S. Department of State scholarship program for students with limited financial means which has been successful in supporting students who have been historically underrepresented in education abroad.

Women abroad:
Students with disabilities abroad:
Something to think about: