Cal Poly Humboldt Faculty-Led Programs
- Limited financial aid can be used on summer abroad programs, including faculty-led
- Deadlines vary and can be found on the program description/brochure page
- Faculty-led programs teach approved Humboldt classes that qualify as Resident Credit
We also offer faculty-led International Service Learning Programs (ISLP). These programs are developed at Cal Poly Humboldt and offer students an opportunity to gain valuable service learning experience in an international setting and under guidance of a Humboldt faculty. ISLP programs are typically a semester-long, stateside class with an International Service Learning experience taking place over a winter or spring break.
For all faculty-led program models, specific informational meetings and and pre-departure orientation will be required. Eligibility varies with by program so we encourage you to research our offerings and their respective program brochures.
To search for faculty-led programming, please select the program use the Advanced Search feature, found HERE. Scroll down to "Parameters:: and in "Program Type", select "Humboldt Faculty-Led Programs" from the list. Scroll to the bottom and select "Search"
Things to consider as you prepare to apply:
- Click "Login" and start a profile - you can save programs of interest to your profile as you do your research.
- If you have not already done so, apply for a Passport or renew your expiring Passport
(Passports must be signed and valid for 6 months beyond your
study abroad return date.)
- Research programs and fill out a Cost Comparison Worksheet
- Click “Apply Now” on the program you would like to attend to set up your profile
- Complete your application on this website by the published deadline
- Prepare to pay your deposit and fees by published deadline
- Follow directions from your faculty program lead.
- Attend the Humboldt Pre-Departure Orientation and all other program meetings. You will receive an email with the dates and times (typically at the end of the semester prior to your departure).
- Have fun (and study hard)!