CSU International Programs (CSUIP)
• All financial aid (this includes loans, scholarships and grants) can be used on these programs
• Deadlines are Feb. 1st for most programs and May 1st for Australia and South Africa
• Year long ONLY
• Resident credit
• Click here to see all CSUIP programs
Complete the documents on the HSUGoAbroad Portal before completing anything on the CSUIP webpage. You will be directed when to do the CSUIP requirements.
Step 1: HSU Study Abroad Application Process
- Click 'Login' and start a profile (upper right).
- Apply for a Passport or renew your expiring Passport (Passports must be signed and valid for 6 months beyond your study abroad return date.)
- Research programs (find out if it has classes you need, and what the costs are) and fill out a Cost Comparison Worksheet.
- Once you select the program of choice, click the APPLY NOW button
- Complete HSU application requirements, document uploads and submit. Then, schedule a meeting with Emily Kirsch, the Study Abroad Advisor. To set up an appointment online click here, or call 707 826-4142.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to get your selected classes approved.
Step 2: CSUIP Application Process
- Begin the CSUIP application on their website (link located on the program page you are applying to)
- Schedule and complete an on-campus interview with the study abroad advisor. You will receive an email with further information (typically at the beginning of the semester prior to your departure).
- Upon notification from the CIP study abroad advisor that your application and interview are complete, and you have been selected to attend a CSUIP program the study abroad advisor will submit the required CSUIP recommendation to complete that application.
Step 3: (If selected by the CSUIP committee to attend the program you applied for)
- Follow directions from your program -- this will include getting your visa, booking your ticket, and arranging your accommodations and arrival.
- Attend the HSU Pre-Departure Orientation. You will receive an email with the dates and times (typically at the end of the semester prior to your departure).
- Have fun (and study hard)!