CSU International Programs (CSUIP)
- All financial aid (this includes loans, scholarships and grants) can be used on these programs
- Deadlines are Feb. 1st for most programs
and May 1st for Australia and South Africa
- Year long ONLY
- Resident credit
- Click here to see all CSUIP programs
Complete the documents on the HSUGoAbroad Portal before completing anything on the
You will be directed when to do the CSUIP requirements.
Step 1: HSU Study Abroad Application Process
- Click 'Login' and start a profile (upper right).
- Apply for a Passport or renew your expiring Passport (Passports must be signed and valid for 6 months beyond your study abroad return date.)
- Research programs (find out if it has classes you need, and what the costs are) and fill out a Cost Comparison Worksheet.
- Once you select the program of choice, click the APPLY NOW button
- Complete HSU application requirements, document uploads and submit. Then, schedule a meeting with Emily Kirsch, the Study Abroad Advisor. To set up an appointment online click here, or call 707 826-4142.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to get your selected classes approved.
Step 2: CSUIP Application Process
- Begin the CSUIP application on their website (link located on the program page you are applying to)
- Schedule and complete an on-campus interview with the study abroad advisor. You will receive an email with further information (typically at the beginning of the semester prior to your departure).
- Upon notification from the CIP study abroad advisor that your application and interview are complete, and you have been selected to attend a CSUIP program the study abroad advisor will submit the required CSUIP recommendation to complete that application.
Step 3: (If selected by the CSUIP committee to attend the program you applied for)
- Follow directions from your program -- this will include getting your visa, booking your ticket, and arranging your accommodations and arrival.
- Attend the HSU Pre-Departure Orientation. You will receive an email with the dates and times (typically at the end of the semester prior to your departure).
- Have fun (and study hard)!