3rd Party Programs (USAC,CEA,SIT, Wildlands, etc.)
- If you receive Financial Aid you cannot use the State University Grant (SUG) or Cal Grant A/B fees on these programs. You can use Federal grants like Pell Grant or federal student loans. However...
- Many 3rd Party Providers offer small grants to Humboldt students, and offer their own scholarships.
- Deadlines vary so please refer to the program description page or providers website.
- Semester, yearlong, Summer and J-term options available.
- Transfer credit
- Click here to see all 3rd Party Provider programs
These programs have been approved for transfer of credit and offer a wide range of diverse program options and locations. WUE or out of state students might find that these programs are very affordable as there are no tuition or fees paid to Cal Poly Humboldt.
You will start an application through the Cal Poly Humboldt GoAbroad web portal. Then you will be directed to the web page of the program provider and will need to complete the application process there. Once you have been accepted to the program you will be put into a 'placeholder' class and will remain an Humboldt student. You will need to complete the application materials required by this organization as well as all materials required by Cal Poly Humboldt.
- You will be paying fees, which may include tuition and program, to this organization.
- You will not be paying any fees to Cal Poly Humboldt. Certain aspects of financial aid, such as the Cal Grant A/B or State University Grant may not be used on third party provider programs.
- Do not enroll in classes at Cal Poly Humboldt.
View the USAC 2023-2024 Study Abroad Snapshot Catalog to learn more about USAC programs. Use our database to explore your options, or better yet, go to their website to explore and search for programs that meet your goals.
Humboldt students applying to USAC programs will automatically receive a USAC Affiliate discount of approximately $385 and may be eligible for additional scholarships. Make sure to check out USAC's Scholarship & Discounts website.
After you have attended an Informational Meeting:
Humboldt students applying to a CEA program will automatically receive the CEA Affiliate Grant. The grant amount varies by length of the program. Semester: $750, Academic Year: $1500 and Summer: $300. In addition to this automatic discount, you can apply for CEA specific scholarships.
- Click on "Login" and start a profile
- Apply for a Passport or renew your expiring Passport (Passports must be signed and valid for 6 months beyond your study abroad return date.)
- Research programs (find out if it has classes you need, and what the costs are) and fill out a Cost Comparison Worksheet
- Meet with a Study Abroad Advisor. To set up an appointment online click here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click “Apply Now” for the program you would like to attend and complete all required documents
- You must also complete an application on the 3rd Party Provider website and complete all their requirements
- Meet with your Academic Advisor (for major coursework) or Transfer and Graduation Counselor in the Registrar's Office (for GE coursework) to get your selected classes approved.
- Complete a Credit Transfer Agreement and upload it to your application.
- Follow directions from your program - this will include getting your visa, booking your ticket, and arranging your accommodations and arrival.
- Attend the Humboldt Pre-Departure Orientation. You will receive an email with the dates and times (typically at the end of the semester prior to your departure).
- Have fun (and study hard)!